Friday, May 15, 2009

Thirsty Thursdays

I sometimes get pangs of guilt about writing a negative blog, especially when the negativity of others gets to me. Instead, I like to think of this as an honest effort to keep people who don't know about the city from getting the wrong impression. If you're a conservative, family-oriented person who basically likes sitting around the house you'd probably like it here.

Reason I say all this is that I had a really good time last night at the Fresno Grizzlies game. Chukchansi Park is a great downtown venue. More importantly, Thirsty Thursdays is a great promotion where you can get trashed for cheap -- and boy did we.

Nice place, eh?

We had a hookup for free tickets so the beer was the only expense. No one had any idea what the score was, who we were playing, what sport was being played, or where the hell we were, but we enjoyed ourselves. By the end of the night we were singing random songs as a group and hoping nobody we knew was there. Yee Haw.

Caught a glimpse of Fresno Bee columnist Matt James. He was a lot shorter than I expected, and I wonder why he insists on the Mr. Clean look. I was hoping he'd write a column about the game but instead all we got was this. Hard to believe all that stuff happened!

There were negatives, namely that they made you wait in a big line to I.D. you and get you a reeeeeeeeeally tight wrist band and then checked your I.D. again EVERY SINGLE TIME you bought a beer. What gives?

We had a girl with us from France, complete with the heavy French accent and pit hair (seriously!... not really). They wouldn't accept her passport as an ID. She shrugged it off, saying they didn't deserve her money anyway, but I felt bad. Unfortunately that's more of an America thing than a Fresno thing.

It's funny though because France is so insanely lax about the subject. The girl told me she had been drunk, in a bar, at the age of 14 and nobody thought a damn thing of it. Vive le France!! Fucke le Fresno!... I mean,... yea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call these grapes?