Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Fresno Flu, it's killed millions

Sadly, I've been feeling quite uncreative these last few days. A combination of the fallout over that trip to San Fran, a collective several days lacking in action, and the usual stresses of the end of the spring that put many a person down.

I will be leaving Fresno for the summer! How very exciting. Of course, I will try to keep tabs on the city and my friends who will still be here. Because I gotta tell you how much it sucks!! Even from another time zone!!!

Among other things that have me down, a few people I know are graduating from Fresno State and are ecstatic. You'd think they had won the lottery or died and gone to heaven. First off, I don't know what they expect to happen now. Life WILL NOT get any easier just because you have a college degree nor will you have any less work to do.

In fact, it's worse, because you can look forward to the end of the semester in college. With your career you can only look forward to death. Yay!

More importantly, in the craaaaaaaaazy universe where I came from college is fun. It was the best 5 years of my life, and the school president himself couldn't keep me from taking that fifth year (no, he didn't try).

To double check, I looked at my undergraduate school's newspaper online. Sure enough, there were no less than 3 columns that detailed how sad the author was to be leaving. One called his graduation "one of life's tragedies" and in another the girl was crying as she wrote the thing. Seriously, she actually wrote, "I'm crying as I write this."

Again, these people enjoyed college, acknowledged that they enjoyed it, and looked to the real world realistically... Then again, the people at Fresno State probably never had fun in college, so they don't know what they're missing.

Therefore:

Ignorance (A.K.A. Fresno) is bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call these grapes?