Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Fiesta Night!!

I've read Pat Hill's rant to the LA Times about Univision Stadium and the Hispanic version of Notre Dame, but this actually looks serious:

So in partnership with Hispanic businesses and media organizations, the Bulldogs will hold the inaugural Bulldog Football Fiesta Night for the Sept. 5 home opener against UC Davis.

Great idea, I'll admit it. Especially against a snoozer 1-AA team.

"Today for the first time I can truly say I think we have a chance to truly paint the Valley red," Hill said excitedly.

Glad he was excited.


I got it! So Notre Dame has that sign thing. We should get our own sign, but instead of it saying "Play like a Champion Today" it can say, "Today for the first time I can truly say I think we have a chance to truly paint the valley red."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a related story, Mexico is donating 11,000 books to Fresno County. So... um... does this count as illegal immigration?

Another "interesting" Fresno Bee quote:

"I study with them in Spanish because I don't know English," Baleriano said.

Bu, But, bu, bu how did... could she!? Did it, was it.... ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

Okay, just playin.

Some of Ewing's students in the immersion program performed songs at the ceremony as they clutched small U.S. and Mexican flags.

... and the rest of the students wondered what they could do to feel special about the race they did not choose to be... and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call these grapes?