Thursday, August 20, 2009

More Evidence

Now that I'm back (I'll spare you the whiny shit I wrote upon my return) I've discovered some more backup for my claim that Fresno sucks beyond belief.

And it ain't even some blog or a Bee article. It's books, the official medium of the smart and pretentious:

The Slow Death of Fresno State: A California Campus under Reagan and Brown (Sorry, no cover available. Funny story though, a Google image search of the title brought up several pictures of FSU football players, gas prices, and a toilet. All equally to blame for the death and current status of Fresno State.)

As great as the title is, the subtitle is the real gem. As a hardcore Reagan hater I can't wait to read about even more stuff that he fucked up.

In My Father's Name


This one further details the corruption of the political system and supposedly explains why the entire city now lies north of downtown and why there are endless, ubiquitous, suicide-note-inducing miles of strip malls in the area.

I hope to read these before the year is up. I may post a few excerpts for the blog and, more importantly, come to realize that I'm not the only one to blame for ending up in my shitty situation (yea right).

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call these grapes?