Thursday, March 19, 2009

fmylife.com... you know, Fresno My Life

Filled out a tournament bracket yesterday even though I don't watch basketball. My apartment complex had some competition where you could win a Nintendo Wii. I figured why not, it's just a big guessing game anyway. After 20 minutes of jumbling through colleges I've never heard of like Siena, Binghamton, and Wake Forest, the chick at the counter tells me it isn't actually a Wii up for grabs... it's some movie tickets.

Go Kansas! If you guys win it all I can give the Watchmen even more money instead of bootlegging it!

I figured out today that what the Fresno Bee puts on the front of its web site doesn't match front of the paper. The top story online right now is about a paving worker who suffered first degree burns in a flash fire.

First off, don't they mean third-degree burns? I thought first degree burns meant stuff like sunburn. Surely it ain't THAT slow a news day.

Anyway, I'll figure out how to get the real front-page news soon, but first I need to make sure LSU beats Butler.

Lastly, according to VSP.com "Save Mart is no longer part of the annual Save Mart Shootout".

Well if they aren't, then what are they? And what is it? How? This is reminiscent of the old Louis C.K. act:

"...Why?"

"... Because some things ARE and some things AREN'T!"

"Why?"

"Well... you can't NOT BE!!"

"...Why?"


Don't worry, you'll figure it out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call these grapes?